Honda PC800 / Pacific Coast Forum
   General Repair, Knowledge and Interest in the Honda Pacific Coast / PC800 Motorcycle
    Register FAQ  •  Search  •  Login     
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to pc800

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: 2012 Can Am Spyder RT SE5
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:11 pm 

I have found a 2012 Can Am Spyder RT SE5 here locally for 7K less than retail. Took a test ride today and was impressed. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my PC but at 67 my 2 wheel riding days are drawing to a close. Besides SWMBO doesn't like the pillion seat on the PC. Pillion on the Spyder is much larger, plusher, heated grips, back rest etc. Should be much more comfortable.

Do any of you folks have any experience with the Spyder? Just looking for any feedback before I plunk down 16K.

Thanks

MT

Report this post

Post subject: Re: 2012 Can Am Spyder RT SE5
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:05 pm 

Don't know anything bout the Can Ams but I think you are being very wise to go this direction.
If I live long enough I will do it before 67.

It just makes sense.

http://www.StrayTracks.com

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:59 pm 

have a friend who loves his- post shoulder injury - ditched his big cruiser and now his wife is willing to ride with him.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:23 am 

The Can Am is a excellent choice when going to 3 wheels instead of the 2 wheels in rear motorcycle conversions.

They look to be very well engineered, and depending on the model can be anything from a plush touring machine to a sporty canyon carver.

I have been wanting to test ride them for years, yet no dealer demo's anywhere within reasonable distance to me.

Im sure there are forums for owners who can tell you all the ins and outs of each model and year.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:27 pm 

Sprung for my birthday present!Image

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:10 pm 

BEAUTIFUL!

http://www.StrayTracks.com

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:06 am 

Nice ! Looks mighty plush in the riding ergo's department !

Be sure to report back here to give a riders report after you log some miles. ;)

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:25 pm 

Great topic..

We joke in our riding group about "that day" when we opt for Urals or the distinguished Spyder, when we are tired of holding bikes up at sand covered intersections, or skating on wet leaves.

Oddly, I am the youngster at 54, and have more health issues than the rest of them.

I think the Spyder is a great option, regardless of age or health. That engine I believe is very good, and I am seeing some early gen's going for $10,000 and just under in my area... with no miles on them to speak of. We are fortunate here to have some dealers anxious to sell them, and offer test rides.

I think it would be great.

Goodbye, Bolivia. Hello to Australia.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:14 pm 

Ride Report: My sons and I went on a "Sunday" ride and logged about 250 miles...... Fun had by all.... spent the 1st half riding solo, 2nd half 2 up with my son's fiance' on the pillion. Bike performed flawlessly.... me not so much. Had to remember to lean into the corners, hang on with my knees, STEER the damn thing rather than a gentle counter steer input. I learned by the end of the day but the curve was steep.

Woke up Monday morning SORE all over.... shoulders ached, legs burned, stomach hurt. If I keep riding aggressively I will look like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I have developed a problem with the parking brake so took it to the local dealer who is fixing it under warranty. He also found a couple of oil and water leaks that he is repairing under warranty. My dealer is very supportive with the warranty transfer. All in all it's been a good experience... just VERY different than the smoothness of the PC.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:46 pm 

Im betting its very similar to riding a performance snowmobile on hardpacked trails !!!!

Since I sled both huge miles on groomed trails with modern sleds and race vintage sleds, I think the hang off and steer the corners style of a Spyder will take all of 10 minutes for me to adjust to.

I think I gotta get familiar with all their ins and outs once I move back out west.

Report this post