Honda PC800 / Pacific Coast Forum
   General Repair, Knowledge and Interest in the Honda Pacific Coast / PC800 Motorcycle
    Register FAQ  •  Search  •  Login     
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to pc800

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

WHat do you wear while riding?
ATGATT 67%  67%  [ 14 ]
Some Gear 24%  24%  [ 5 ]
Minimal Gear 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Gear? Who needs it? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 21
 Post subject: ATGATT? SOTGATT? NOTGATT?, Your choice in riding gear.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:31 pm 

ATGATT = All The Gear, All The Time

SOTGATT = Some Of The Gear, All The Time

And so on...

My version of full gear is: Helmet, Armored or Leather jacket, Boots, Canvas pants (Duluth Firehose jeans), Gloves.

I do not mid this amount of gear if it is not too hot, but in SoTex, it gets REAL DAMN HOT and HUMID. In the recent past I have decided to ride in Jeans, T-shirt and shorty helmet. Those were the best rides I have had in a long time. Very enjoyable.

I understand that skidding down the pavement in a T-shirt would be something I would not like too much. Let's be honest, ATGATT is no guarantee, but it is better than nothing.

Do you ride with all the gear? What gear do you use?

Report this post

Post subject: Re: ATGATT? SOTGATT? NOTGATT?, Your choice in riding gear.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:47 am 

I have the jackets with the armored pads in them - leather, textile & mesh.
Full face helmet. I'm about to spring for a Schuberth Helmet but that'll be another thread.

For years I had no legit bike clothing. Still havn't done the pants. My gloves are mostly just regular gloves.

Its pretty tough to wear any of it in the heat. And kinda stupid NOT to wear it!
I guess I'm a SOTGATT dude now - But I must admit that for years I rode basically unprotected. Now only in the EXTREME heat will I not wear at least the mesh jacket.

I'm running the stock "short" windshield which helps - I gets lottsa air!

The other day it was so hot I wore the mesh jacket with no shirt (change in an appropriate environment please!) and that worked pretty well.

I admire all you ATGATTers - You're better men & women than me! :mrgreen:

http://www.StrayTracks.com

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:08 pm 

Armored jacket ( I have 3 for the seasons) armored gloves, helmet, and closed toed shoes always... sometimes kevlar "Slider" pants , Leather pants in fall/winter, boots half the time.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:41 am 

I almost qualify for all except I just can't seem to spring for some good riding pants. I have one pair that has some armor in the knees and thighs but they're bulky enough that I only wear those in colder weather. Soooo, it's a "some gear" vote for me I'm afraid. I think it's great for those who have it all though.

Gary "Oldone"

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:52 am 

I guess I fall into the SOTGATT because I always wear a helmet. Despite the Ga. law, I would still wear one. But it's t-shirt and jeans after that. If I'm doing a quick run to the store, I'll wear sneakers, but anything on the highway are my long tube socks and cycle boots. But that's just because I hate the small bits of sand that sting the legs and ankles.

In the winter, I use leather overalls that I LOVE. Combined with the leather jacket, it breaks the cold and saves the legs. Plus, I'm totally a bad boy all leathered out. HAHA. I would ride to work during the winter and wear all my leather from the parking deck into the building and would not undress until I got to my desk. Boy, you can really find out quite a bit about the personalities of many of your female co-workers when they see you pass in all that leather.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 pm 

attgatt for me! Fullface helmet (Arai) Armoured Jacket, Armoured pants or kevlar jeans(w/armour) leather gloves with armoured knuckles and steel toed leather boots. I ride like a hooligan (although its almost impossible on the PC) most of the time... so, I have to make up for my stupidity in other areas by using ATTGATT.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:01 am 

Oh.... Its very possible to ride like a "Hooligan" on a PC.........

StrayDog has proven that many times! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://www.StrayTracks.com

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:09 pm 

StrayDog wrote:
Oh.... Its very possible to ride like a "Hooligan" on a PC.........

StrayDog has proven that many times! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oh I know...it's just by the time I get up to speed, I've almost run outta road!!lol :roll:

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:35 am 

It's all about attitude.
Me, I feel so happy to be on 2 wheels I wave and smile like I'm leading the Thanksgiving Day Parade. ( the day AFTER Thanksgiving I'm usualy so stuffed I look like a macy's Parade balloon too..but I digress)
Add that to my BRIGHT RED PLASTIC MOTORCYCLE and I just can't pull off "hooligan" <G>

3 years ago, I was surley and introspective.. and even tho my Nighthawk wasn't a very fierce looking ride, I suspect I looked more evil and thugish in those days...

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:18 am 

ATGATT / MY version:

Helmet ATT Full face (unless I have a passenger and the weather is good then I wear 3/4).
Full Finger Gloves ATT insulated leather or synthetic motorcycle.
Steel Toed Boots ATT (very occasionally I will wear steel toed leather shoes)
Riding Jacket ATT mesh for warm weather and Tex-leather with removable liner for everything else. (I am actually more comfortable in long sleeves than short on a bike. I don't like the wind or the sun on my arms or legs.) Just walking with my mesh jacket creates a venturi of air and cools me down more than if I wasn't wearing it.
Long Pants ATTinsulated denim in cold weather, rain gear in cool or wet weather, regular pants in warm weather. (I just made myself a pair of leather chaps but have not ridden since I made them.)

Report this post