Honda PC800 / Pacific Coast Forum
   General Repair, Knowledge and Interest in the Honda Pacific Coast / PC800 Motorcycle
    Register FAQ  •  Search  •  Login     
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to pc800

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Nifty Doo-Dads that don't cost a lot
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:28 pm 

Ever run across a cheap, cool thingy, doo-dad or farkle that you just want to tell everyone about?

Here are some I like:

Echo Quick-release Helmet Buckle - have it on all my helmets - $9.00

Helmet Halo - removable hi-viz band

These do not necessarily HAVE to be motorcycle stuff, but related... maybe.

DynaBeads - THEY WORK FOR ME

Ride-On Tire Sealant - Never tried it, but have heard many good things

Waterproof storage tube - http://www.agrisupply.com/operators-manual...0/ss/manual%20/

Plastex - OR - Plastifix for repairing plastic - rebuild broken tabs, etc.

LED Light - http://www.meritline.com/27-led-rugged- ... 75969.aspx

It has a hanger, and also has a magnet on the back. Very versatile, bright and cheap.

"Original Texas Headskin" and the manufacturer just happens to be our own CJ.

Have not had a chance to ride with it yet, but it sure does make the helmet slip on nice and easy! Kudos CJ!

http://www.cjsperformance.com/Original_ ... dskins.php

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Nifty Doo-Dads that don't cost a lot
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:13 pm 

I'm interested in the HELMET HALO but every time I search for it I get HALO HELMETS which apparently have something to do with video games.

can you steer me towards a website?

dave

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:28 pm 

http://www.reflectivedecals.com/haloebay.htm

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:52 pm 

ORDERED!!

Thanks

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:25 pm 

The glovebox. Also known as the Mr. Rat Tank Map Holder.
Glued to the inside of the top case lid. Holds insurance card, aspirin, ink pens, HOV Lane pass, tire valve stems and other assorted flat stuff.

1 dollar.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:13 pm 

Another nifty doo dad inspired by the hi viz Halo
I have a black bike and worry that in the winter in unlit car parks or broken down on unlit country roadsides I want a little extra visibility. £5.00 worth(<$10) of very sticky and waterproof hi viz tape from 3M in strategic spots took 15 mins to fit.
Detracts from the perfect look of the bike in daylight though I have been neat and measured and placed the tape carefully but allows me peace of mind when commuting or night riding and means I'll use the bike more.first off reflected light from my front door Image

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:26 pm 

Then side view with reflected push bike lightsImage
Then back view unlit and litImageImage
Also a front and 3/4 front view

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:51 pm 

A camera string. It keeps the radiator-cap cover to the bike when it is accidentally opened. As you will know this pocket door has no hinges. Some-one curious can also walk away with it. Whoever opens it has the lid in hands. It could be typically Dutch a habit to spoil another persons day, never your own. Wish I got a dime for every mockery laugh I hear. Protect it.

The latch mechanism includes a small bar on the underside, where the thin end can be strapped to, when it is thin enough. Then tie the cord to a part that is not hot, possibly lengthening it to some extend with rope or even elasticized.

Cheap enough an accessory I say.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:59 pm 

Great idea- ill get one tommorow( in fact I'll cannibalise it from my old SLR ( pre-digital) until I can buy one

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:45 pm 

There is something very simple that you won't be able to resist making for yourself.
It is the tool to remove the exhaust cover.
The chrome needs a shine on the outside in some difficult to reach places and the inside wiped clean and treated against rust. This part you do not want to buy. Cover removal is also a way to get to the exhaust. The wrench shown comes with any furniture in order to be able to assemble. When I have a handful of them without ever asking, anybody should be able to get themselves only one. The wrench-end that does not need adjustment in length, should be cut off. There it can be lengthened with pliers for more force. These tools usually come in the "Z" model. Directions of cover removal (not to be missed) are below!

So here it is in all its dimensions.

The cover has three bolts and three brackets underneath that serve as counterpart. It is only the socket head bolt above where a tool won't fit, except perhaps after removing the rest of the bike. With this tool you can reach for the bolt and loosen it two or three turns. When you can't proceed with your fingers at that point, there is still a possibility that it loosens up further screwing in and out. I expect no further trouble since the first turns are the ones most crucial.

Like you can see in this picture, the end of the exhaust cover is a triangle that goes around the exhaust-end. It will seem to be most easy to remove because it slides off. Absolutely not so. There is hardly any clearance. What you must do in order to succeed is clean the bottom of the trunk and stick strong tape to it for protection against scratches, prior to removal. Then, don't proceed when the part gets stuck badly between the exhaust and trunk sliding backwards. Try all over again. I have been successful only after repeated attempts. You will thank yourself for not having forced it seeing no other possibility.

It is a number 21, to be seen in the middle and it is official listed as: 6X14 - 90113MM5000

More interesting things to know: The cover is situated between three brackets. All brackets have an oddly shaped rubber around them. Either from painstaking removal or caused by riding the bike in-between, one can sure loose those important little parts. Look for them at the ground and on those brackets.

Greetings. Alfred

Report this post