Honda PC800 / Pacific Coast Forum
   General Repair, Knowledge and Interest in the Honda Pacific Coast / PC800 Motorcycle
    Register FAQ  •  Search  •  Login     
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to pc800

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: What would you replace your PC800 with?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:40 pm 

I stumbled upon this topic this evening. I discovered the scooter world a couple years ago after finding that I couldn't get comfortable on a succession of BMW's over the last few years. I bought a 2003 Honda Silver Wing 600 scooter about 18 months ago and fell in love with it. At last I was able to ride pain free and walk after riding without discomfort. I sold my remaining two BMW Airheads. I then "graduated" to a 2013 BMW C650GT scooter last fall, which had all the benefits of a maxi scooter and the handling characteristics of a "real" motorcycle. 4,500 miles later I still absolutely love it.
But, PC800's had intrigued me for years and I finally had the opportunity to pick up an excellent '97 last April and couldn't resist. I've put about 2,000 miles on it this summer riding mostly in the mountains here in Colorado. I have to say that I do thoroughly enjoy the PC, and it has been a fun experience and allowed me to check one off on the bucket list. Unfortunately, the familiar discomfort in the knees and hips returned.
Those of you that may be considering scooters for similar reasons explore it further. It's not the same enjoyment as running your bike up and down through the gears but for me it made riding a pain free pleasure once again and is keeping me in the saddle.Image

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:18 am 

DadGum - You may make a scooter convert outta me!

That thing looks bad! Like somekinda ground rocket!

http://www.StrayTracks.com

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:45 pm 

2014 Yamaha Super Tenere ES. :) ....coming soon.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:37 pm 

oh , My friend has one of those ( Super Tenere ) very cool Duel Sport

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:47 pm 

BMW R1200GS

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:35 am 

Towards the end of this riding season, I had trouble with my right hip. Must be arthrithis setting in.
I was keeping my right foot on my highway peg, unable to get my leg tucked to reach the side peg.
So I have been riding without the use of my rear brake.
I'm not happy about that.
So come spring if my hip continues to be an issue I may have to look for something with forward controls, or see if I can extend the linkage and move the brake pedal up to my highway peg.
I think it can be done.....
If not I have an interest in the new Indians.
My Dad once owned an Indian, so it could be a nostalgia thing for me.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:21 pm 

A friend of mine (55) is experiencing the same leg/hip/knee pains. He can hardly go a hour on the bike. Soon he will be selling his awesome Goldwing and transitioning to a Slingshot. Guess who is first in line for the Gwing?

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:04 am 

I hit 70 this year and am feeling some arthritis and also problems with riding the PC. I had a Yamaha Majesty 400cc scooter before and am looking at going back to one of these types. I would really like a S'wing at 600cc but my Majesty could cruise at 70 with ease. I bought a set of saddlebags from Tractor Supply that fit across the back of the Majesty ( they were for a horse) and could carry extra stuff in them. I've had my PC for sale since Jan but no luck yet. It's a '94 with 22900 on the odo.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:27 am 

If I can't find a PC locally soon, I might try to find a nice 2010 Honda NT700V as a close contender.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:42 pm 

I like the looks of the Honda NT700V. Kind of like a 2010 version of an updated PC.

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next